Conference Travel Scholarship
We are pleased to announce that scholarships will be made available to minoritized graduate students in the field of educational measurement and assessment to attend the 2024 NCME Annual Meeting. The primary goal of the scholarship program is to increase the representation of minoritized persons working in this field by granting them access to funded opportunities.
Travel Scholarship Eligibility
CMJ seeks graduate students in educational measurement and assessment, psychometrics, or quantitative psychology who are members of historically marginalized communities that are underrepresented in these fields (Black, Brown, Indigenous, and Southeast Asian students). Preference will be given to students enrolled in doctoral programs, though MA students are also welcome to apply. Further preference will be given to those who have submitted a proposal for NCME 2024 or the concurrent AERA Annual Meeting; however, the Travel Scholarship is intended to cover the costs of attendance at NCME specifically, and may not be used to cover AERA conference registration. Up to 30 scholarships will be awarded.
Scholars will receive up to $3,000 to attend the NCME Annual Meeting in Philadelphia from April 11-14, 2024. This funding may only be used to cover airfare, hotel accommodations, meal stipends, NCME conference registration, and other approved conference-related expenses.
To apply for the Travel Scholarship, applicants should:
- Complete the application form, which includes a brief (200-250 word) description of research interest(s)
- Upload the following documents directly into the application form:
- curriculum vitae or résumé
- graduate school transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable)
- if applicable, a copy of the proposal submitted to NCME or AERA 2024 (Note: Proposals do not have to be accepted in order to qualify for the scholarship.)
Applications will be reviewed and scholarships will be awarded beginning October 15, 2023.
Final application deadline is September 15, 2023.
For more information, contact us.